With the temperature and PSI levels rising, it's no wonder I'm sweating buckets just standing at the bus stop. Respite from the heat is definitely needed.
Article taken off ehow.com
How to Make Your Home Cooler During the Summer
Keeping your home cool during the summer can be quite difficult. Follow the steps below to help cool your home.
1. If the weather is not too warm, open the windows to let cool air inside. Make sure to open several windows to allow the air to blow in one window and out the other, creating a breeze.
2. Fans make a room feel cooler. You can use a ceiling fan, a portable fan, or any other fan.
3. Add an air conditioner. You can add a central air conditioning system or a window unit. If you already have a central air conditioner that is not working well, have it serviced to check the coolant levels and whether there are any leaks.
4. Create shade on your home, especially your windows. You can plant a tree to create shade, add an awning or pergola, add solar screens, or add window film. Consider replacing old windows with more energy efficient ones.
5. Make sure your home is well insulated and air tight so the hot air does not get in. Use spray insulation to fill any air gaps. Consider getting your attic roof sprayed with insulating paint. Make sure there are adequate air vents in your attic to let the hot air out.