Who needs the added stress of misplacing your keys every single day? No more, with this DIY Key Rack.
Article taken off marthastewart.com
All too often, keys end up in obscure places where you can't remember having put them. Keep all your keys accessible and organized with a functional and easy-to-make rack; hang it on a wall in your kitchen, mudroom, or garage.
Tools and Materials
Primer and paint (optional)
Metal label holders with screws
Key Rack How-To
1. Prime and paint your plaque, if desired; let dry.
2. Using a ruler and pencil, make a mark on the front of the plaque 1 inch down and in from the top-left corner; repeat on top-right corner. Working your way down the plaque, make as many equally spaced marks as you'll need for your keys.
3. Place the left-side hole of a label holder over the top-left mark, and use an awl to burrow into the wood; repeat on top-right mark with the right-side hole of the label holder. Drive corresponding screws into the wood. Repeat step for remaining marks.
4. Center a cup hook underneath the top-left label holder, and screw it into the wood. Repeat step for each label holder.
5. Insert labels describing which key is which into holders, and hang the rack on a wall.
From Martha Stewart Living Television, January 2001
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Key Rack and more decorating ideas, organizing tips, and homekeeping and cleaning solutions on marthastewart.com